What are your interests?
Dean: So do you get much free time Megan?
Megan: Free time? Ha! Not really, but when I do, I really like to read.
Dean: Oh read?
Megan: Yeah, I like all kinds of books. I read in the evening after dinner, and in bed. See reading is good because it doesn’t cost much, and I can borrow books for free from friends and the library.
Dean: I love reading, but there is just one problem.
Megan: What’s that?
Dean: It makes me sleepy, I sometimes fall asleep while I’m reading.
- What are they talking about?….Reading.
- What is good about reading?….It doesn’t cost much money.
- What doesn’t Dean like about reading?….It makes him sleepy.
In my free time
Linda: And what about you Alex? Do you have any hobbies?
Alex: Well, in my free time I enjoy cooking.
Linda: Oh, cooking?
Alex: Yes, I love to spend time in the kitchen creating meals.
Linda: You know, cooking is pretty creative, isn’t it?
Alex: Yes, I like to try new ideas when I’m cooking. The only problem is time. I hardly ever have enough time.
Linda: Oh, does it take a lot of time to cook well?
Alex: Yes, it does, it takes a lot of time to cook a really good meal.
- What are they talking about?…..cooking.
- What does Alex like about cooking?….It’s creative.
- What doesn’t Alex like about cooking?…It takes a lot of time.
Rachel: So Mark, do you have a hobby?
Mark: Yes, actually I do, and my hobby is extremely relaxing.
Rachel: Really? well, what do you do?
Mark: I like to fish.
Rachel: Huh? You like fishing?
Mark: Oh, yeah. On weekends I go to the river and try to catch some fish.
Rachel: You try? Do you catch many?
Mark: Well no, not really, but it’s great to sit outdoors in the fresh air, you know.
Rachel: Yeah, sounds nice.
Rachel: But what?
Mark: But it’s an expensive hobby. You need good equipment, and it’s expensive.
- What are they talking about?……Fishing.
- what does Mark like about fishing?….It’s relaxing.
- What doesn’t Mark like about fishing?…..It’s expensive.
Thanks for joining, see you next time.