I need some advice
A: This is Advice Line, how can I help?
B: Hello, this is Brad. I’m 18 and I love my mum and dad a lot, but sometimes I think I disappoint them.
A: Well, Brad, let’s see. I think there are plenty of things you can do. I know everybody likes compliments, even your mother and father. Why don’t you compliment them on things they have done, and take time to talk to them and listen. It’s important to be a good listener. I think if you do all that, they’ll think you are a great son.
B: Ok, thanks.
- What does Brad want?…. to be a better son.
- What advice does Tess give?…. to give compliments and to talk to them.
- What is very important?.. to be a better listener.
What do you think?
A: Hello, this is advice line. How can I help you?
B: Hello, this is Sally. How can I be a better friend?
A: OK, good question. Friendship is very important and you have to work at it all the time. You may want to ask your friends questions, as it shows that you are interested in them. When it is their birthday, celebrate it with a small gift, such as a card.
B: Ok, great ideas, thanks, I’ll give them a try.
- What does Sally want?… to be a better friend.
- What advice does Tess give?… to show an interest in them by asking questions.
- What is another piece of advice?… to buy a birthday card, or a small gift.
Can you help me?
A: Hello, this is advice line, how can I help?
B: Hi, I’m Bob, I just got a new job. I want to know how to be a good employee. See, I want my boss and co-workers to appreciate me.
A: OK, great Bob. Well, work is an important part of our lives. So, first of all, don’t be afraid to say I don’t know, or can you help me? You need to remember that everyone makes mistakes and when you make mistakes, just try to learn from them.
B: Well, should I try to do things like go to work very early in the morning?
A: Oh, no no. You don’t have to do that, but if you get to work just a little early is a good idea.
- What did Bob just get?…a new job.
- What does he want?… He wants to be appreciated at work.
- What should he say if he wants help?… Can you help me?
Thanks for joining. This has been the last English Time session.