Maria: Hello Kim
Kim: Hello Maria, come in.
Kim: Can I take your jacket, Maria?
Maria: Thanks, Kim.
Kim: Dave, this is Maria, our neighbour. Maria this is my husband Dave.
Dave: Hi Maria. Nice to meet you.
Maria: Nice to meet you too.
Kim: Maria, would you like a drink of orange juice?
Maria: Yes please.
Kim: Take a seat on the sofa.
Maria: Thanks, your home is so lovely.
It’s question time:
- Who are they? … Kim, Maria, and Dave.
- Where are they?…..Kim and Dave’s home.
- What does Maria drink?….orange juice.
- Where does Maria sit down? …on the sofa.
- Who is Kim’s husband?…Dave.
Maria: That’s a nice wedding picture. When did you get married?
Kim: Three years ago in Bluff.
Maria: Are those your parents, Kim?
Kim: Yes, and my brother is standing next to them.
Maria: Who is this in the purple dress?
Kim: That is my sister. How many people are in your family Maria?
Maria: I have three brothers and one sister.
Kim: That is really big. Are you the oldest?
Maria: No, I’m the second oldest.
It’s question time.
- When did Kim get married?… 3 years ago.
- Who is in the purple dress? …. Kim’s sister.
- How many people are in Maria’s family?… three brothers and one sister.
- Is Maria the oldest in her family?… No, she’s the second oldest.
- Where did Kim and Dave get married? …In Bluff.
Kim: So Maria, how is everything going?
Maria: Great, we are very happy here. We just got a dog.
Kim: Really? Is it a boy or a girl?
Maria: It’s a boy, and his name is Max.
Kim: What colour is he?
Maria: Max is brown.
Kim: What kind of dog is he?
Maria: He is a golden lab. Kim, Is there a vet near here?
Kim: Yes, there is a vet one block away from here.
Maria: Great, thanks.
Question time: Can you answer these questions?
- What pet does Maria have?…… a dog.
- What colour is Max?……brown – golden brown.
- What kind of dog is Max?… He is a golden lab.
- Where is the vet? …It’s one block away.
It’s Quiz time: Can you say two words?
- Can you say two drinks?……orange juice and water
- Can you say two family members?…….. mother and father
- Can you say two towns?………….Bluff and Gore
- Can you say two pets?…………..dog and cat.
That’s all for English time today.
Thanks for listening and see you next time.