Kim pays at the counter
Shop assistant: There is 10% discount on those jeans, so they are $44.10. Will that be cash or card?
Kim: I’ll pay by eftpos.
SA: The total is now $143.10. Please enter your pin here.
SA: Would you like a receipt?
Kim: Yes, Please.
SA: Here you are. Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
SA: Have a lovely day.
It’s question time.
- Who are they?….. Kim and the shop assistant.
- How does Kim pay?…. by eftpos.
- Does Kim want a receipt?…. Yes, she does.
- How much discount is there?…10 %.
Kim and Dave go to the Coffee shop.
Kim: Dave, I’d really like a cup of coffee.
Dave: OK, I’m thirsty too.
Shop assistant: Good morning! What would you like?
KIm: I’d like a cup of coffee, please.
Dave: I’d like a bottle of water, please.
SA: How would you like your coffee?
Kim: A flat white, please.
SA: Is that for here or to go?
Kim: For there, thanks.
SA: Would you like anything else?
Dave: Yes, I’d like a cheese roll, please.
SA: That will be $9.50. I will bring it out to you soon.
It’s question time. Do you know the answers?
- Where are Kim and Dave?…at a coffee shop.
- What drinks do they order?… a cup of coffee and a bottle of water.
- What food does Dave order?…. a cheese roll.
- How much does it cost altogether?…. $9.50.
Kim returns her jeans.
Shop assistant: Hello, may I help you?
Kim: Yes, I want to return the jeans, because there is a hole in the leg.
SA: May I see?…oh, I’m sorry about that. Would you like to exchange them or get a refund?
Kim: I’d like a refund please.
SA: Do you have your receipt?
Kim: Yes, here it is.
SA: Here is your refund. I’m sorry for the trouble.
Kim: No problem.
SA: Have a nice day.
It’s question time. Can you answer these questions?
- Where is Kim?… at the clothes shop.
- Why does she go there? ….to return the jeans.
- Why does she return the jeans?… there is a hole in the jeans.
- Does she exchange the jeans or get a refund? ….. a refund.
Thanks for joining, see you next time.