Kim and Dave Buy Petrol
Kim: Dave, the petrol tank is almost empty!
Dave: Kim, there’s a petrol station up ahead.
Kim: How much petrol do we need, and what kind?
Dave: $60 of regular.
Kim: I’ll pay inside. Do you want anything?
Dave: Yes, I’d like a newspaper.
Shop assistant: Hello, what pump did you use?
Kim: Number 5.
- Where are Kim and Dave?…. At the petrol Station.
- How much petrol did they buy?… $60.
- Which pump did they use?…. Number 5.
Asking for Directions
Dave: Kim, let’s pick up Stuart from the airport.
Kim: Uh, oh. I’m lost. How do I get to the airport?
Dave: Turn right onto Tweed St.
Dave: Then drive straight over the bridge.
Kim: This is Stead St.
Dave: Yes, and turn right onto Airport Avenue.
Kim: OK. Where can I park the car?
Dave: In the visitors’ car park.
- Where are Kim and Dave driving to?…The airport.
- Who gives directions?….Dave.
- Where is the airport?…. Airport Avenue.
At the Airport
Dave: Flight number NZ5703 has arrived, Kim.
Kim: Look! There’s Stuart now.
Dave: Welcome home, son. We missed you.
Stuart: I missed you too.
Kim: How are you?
Stuart: I’m great thanks, and excited to be home.
Kim: How was your time at University?
Stuart: It was busy, but we enjoyed fun barbecues and sports trips.
Kim: Do you have all your things?
Stuart: Yes, I have that large suitcase, and this small bag.
- What flight number was Stuart on?… NZ 5703.
- What did Stuart enjoy at university?… The barbecues and sports trips.
- How many bags does Stuart have?… Two.
Thanks for joining and see you next time.