Kim asks a favour
Kim: Good morning Stuart, did you sleep well?
Stuart: Yes, very well thanks.
Kim: What are you doing this morning?
Stuart: Mmm nothing much.
Kim: Can I ask a favour?
Stuart: Yes, what is it?
Kim: The windows are dirty…so can you wash the windows?
Stuart: Oh yes, of course.
Kim: Thanks Stuart. Dave is busy this morning.
Stuart: Is he?
Kim: Yes, he is working overtime until 3 pm.
Stuart: Well, I’m happy to help out.
Kim: Thanks, the cleaners are in the laundry.
- How will Stuart help Kim?….. He will wash the windows.
- What is Dave doing?… He’s working overtime.
- What time will Dave finish working?….3pm.
Dropping Someone Off
Kim: Stuart, are you ready to go to the movies now?
Stuart: Yes, I am.
Kim: It feels chilly outside. Do you have a jacket?
Stuart: Yes, I do.
Kim: OK, let’s go in. Get in the car.
Stuart: Can you unlock the door?
Kim: Yes, where shall I drop you off?
Stuart: On the corner of Dee Street and Don Street.
Kim: OK, How will you get home?
Stuart: Mike’s parents will bring me home after the movie.
Kim: OK. Let’s go. Put your seat belt on.
It’s question time.
- How is the weather outside?….It feels chilly.
- Where will Kim drop off Stuart?….On the corner of Dee and Don Streets.
- How will Stuart get home after the movie?….with Mike’s parents.
Buying Movie Tickets
Cashier: Good evening and welcome to Movie Land. Which movie would you like to see?
Stuart: Which movie do you recommend?
Cashier: Robotman is very popular.
Stuart: OK, we’d like to see it.
Cashier: Is that for 8:00 or 9:45?
Stuart: 8:00 pm please
Cashier: How many tickets would you like?
Stuart: Two thanks.
Cashier: Here are your tickets. Is there anything else?
Stuart: One large popcorn and two orange drinks please.
Cashier: Would you like plain popcorn or hot-butter popcorn?
Stuart: Hot-butter popcorn please.
Cashier: With student discount that is $29 thanks.
Stuart: Here is $30.
Cashier: Here is your change. Enjoy the movie.
- How many tickets does Stuart buy?…….Two.
- What is the name of the movie?….Robotman.
- What food and drinks does he buy? Popcorn and orange drinks.
Thanks for joining, see you again next time.