Talking about a hiking trip.
Brad: Sarah, so how was your hiking trip?
Sarah: It was really fun. We hiked all day and then camped out at night.
Brad: Oh, I thought you didn’t like camping.
Sarah: I thought it might be frightening.
Brad: Were you alone?
Sarah: No, but I was worried about possums.
Brad: Oh no.
Sarah: But it was fine, there weren’t any possums or insects at all.
Brad: What was the best thing about the trip?
Sarah: Seeing the stars at night. It was really wonderful.
- What was Sarah worried about on her hiking trip?…Possums.
- How was the trip?…It was fine.
- What did Sarah like the most?…Seeing the stars at night.
2. A trip to the beach.
Sarah: So Mark, how was your trip to Curio Bay?
Mark: It was fine on Saturday, but it rained on Sunday.
Sarah: What did you do there?
Mark: We went sightseeing and walking, but we stayed indoors on Sunday.
Sarah: Oh no, how was that?
Mark: It was great, but kind of boring on Sunday.
Sarah: So what was the highlight of your trip?
Mark: Seeing the petrified forest. It was fascinating.
- Where did Mark go on the weekend?….Curio Bay.
- How was the weather?…..It was fine on Saturday and rainy on Sunday.
- What did Mark like the most?…The petrified forest.
3. Talking about a road trip.
Brad: So Susan, where were you last weekend? I called you but you didn’t answer.
Susan: I went with some friends to Queenstown.
Brad: Queenstown? That sounds exciting. Did you have a great time?
Susan: Yes we did, but I was kind of nervous about the trip.
Brad: Why is that?
Susan: The driver is on his learner’s licence.
Brad: Oh, I see what you mean. How was his driving?
Susan: Pretty good, but he still has things to learn.
Brad: Like what?
Susan: He forgot to indicate when changing lanes.
- Where did Susan go on the weekend?…Queenstown.
- How did Susan feel about going?….Nervous.
- What did the driver forget to do when changing lanes?….Indicate.
That’s all for today, see you next time.